20140805



Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday morning passed.  After starting a cleaning project room by room at our house I realized the dogs hadn't been bathed yet. 

Its a simple process but turns into a chore when they don't want to cooperate, other tasks could be getting done or the process seems pointless without reward.  For instance this morning I noticed my homely appearance and wanted to fix it but decided not to since i should just give the dogs a bath.

Next i had to decide if giving them a bath outside or in the tub would be easiest.  Controlling them outdoors without a portable pool isn't as effective as putting them in the bathroom tub.  Remembering to flip the space from dog grooming space back to human grooming space is part of the chore.

Several hours have past and I'm still adding content to this post.  Captured several minutes of our car ride for an enjoyable addition to this short story.   As planned they were bathed, given a potty break, then loaded into my suv.  We rode around for about 40 minutes this afternoon with the windows down.  They were rewarded for behaving with a chicken nugget snack.  We bonded.  Have I become one of those people who project their humanity onto their pets?  I'm still learning.